Potato and Almond Bake
Serves 4 – 6
- 250ml Sour Cream
- 500ml Cream
- 15gr Fresh Garlic, grated
- Fine ORYX Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 (1200gr) Potatoes
- 100gr Almonds, roughly chopped and roasted
- 100gr Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In a large bowl mix the sour cream, cream and garlic together. Season this well with the salt and pepper.
- Peel the potatoes. Then peel slices of potato so to cut really thin pieces and place them in the cream mixture straight away.
- In your baking dish place layers of the potatoes with the almonds in between. So potato, cream and almonds all layered up and nicely compact. If there is any cream mixture left over keep this to the side. While cooking keep adding more of this cream-liquid so making it even more creamier.
- Place in a pre–heated oven of 160⁰C for about 2 – 3 hours, until the potatoes are really soft. Test it by sticking a sharp knife into the potato bake you shouldn’t feel layers of potato.
- In the last 20 minutes, sprinkle the cheese over the top, place back into the oven to get crispy and golden on top. Place some greaseproof paper or tin foil over this once cooked, top with another dish and place a weight on top to ensure even compression for later heating and serving.