Makes 2 small pie dishes
- 250gr Cake Flour
- 15ml Icing Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 150gr Butter, cut in blocks
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 60ml Cold Water
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and salt together.
- Add the butter, and work in lightly with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg yolk and water together.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture, pour in the water/egg and work the mixture lightly into a dough. Press the dough into a ball, plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface as thin as possible, place the dough into the pastry cases, trim, prick with a fork and place back into the fridge to rest.
- Back blind at 200°C for 15 minuts.
- Paint the inside of the cases with an egg yolk and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside
Peach and Almond Filling
- 80gr Butter
- 200ml Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Salt
- 250ml Maple Syrup
- 50ml Golden Syrup
- 250gr Dried Peaches, roughly chopped
- 125gr Whole Almonds, lightly roasted
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the pie crusts with the filling and bake at 160°C for about 45 minutes.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.