Serves : 4
- 300gr Dry Rice Noodles (Bhan Pho Noodles)-wild rice stick noodle
- 1.5 liter Water, boiling
- 20ml Sesame Oil
- Pour the boiling water over the noodles, allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water, drizzle and toss with sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- 15ml Sesame Oil
- 15gr Fresh Garlic, grated
- 15gr Fresh Ginger
- 4 Fresh Chillies, sliced
- 400gr Chicken Thigh Meat or 200gr Tofu (soya bean curd), sliced
- 50ml Tamarind Sauce
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 20gr Spring Onions, sliced
- 100gr Peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 3 Limes, freshly squeezed
- 20ml Fish Sauce
- 20ml White Sugar
- Fresh Coriander
- In a very hot pan-preferably a wok, coated with the sesame oil, fry the garlic, ginger and chillies very quickly.
- When starting to get colour, add the chicken meat and tamarind sauce, fry for 1 minute.
- Add the re-hydrated noodles, toss around to combine well.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and stir vigorously until cooked.
- Toss in the spring onions and peanuts.
- Season with the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Garnish with the beansprouts and fresh coriander.