Chocolate Tart with Raisins
Makes one large, 30cm tart or two smaller ones
- 250gr Salted Butter
- 125gr White Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 470gr Cake Flour
- 5ml Baking Powder
- 1 Egg Yolk, lightly whisked
- Whisk the butter, sugar and whole egg together.
- Add the flour and baking powder and bring the pastry together by kneading it slightly.
- Using your hands, thinly line the tart cases with the pastry. You won’t use the whole amount of pastry and can freeze the extra.
- Using a fork; dock or prick the base and sides of the tart cases. Place the tart cases in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake blind, in a pre – heated oven of 150⁰C for 30 minutes. Then remove the tart cases from the oven, then lightly brush them with the egg yolk, place them back in the oven to bake a further 5 – 10 minutes. This prevents the bases from going soggy.
Chocolate and Raisin Filling
- 450gr Salted Butter
- 675gr Dark Belgium Chocolate
- 250gr Raisins
- 675gr Castor Sugar
- 10 whole Eggs
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, remove from the heat, add the raisins and allow to slightly cool.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the cooled chocolate - raisin mixture into the egg mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tart cases and bake at a 150⁰C for about 50-60 minutes or until starting to firm up.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.
- Serve with fresh pouring cream.