Yield : 1 x 30cm tart
Sweet Pastry Base
- 250g butter
- 125g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 470g cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Whisk the butter, sugar and egg together. Add the dry ingredients and bring the pastry together by kneading it slightly.
- Using your hands, thinly line a pie dish with the pastry. You won't use the whole amount and can freeze any extra. Dock the base with a fork, making holes in the base and side pastry of the pie. Place in the fridge to relax for 30 minutes. Bake at 150°C for about 20 minutes.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolk and smooth over the cooled pastry base. Put it back in the oven to cook for 5 minutes. This prevents the base from going soggy.
- 450g salted butter
- 675g dark chocolate- we use Belgium
- 675g castor sugar
- 10 whole eggs
- Line a greased tart case with sweet pastry. Blind bake. Cool.
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until thick (about 5 minutes).
- Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell.
- Bake at 140˚C for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.