- 250gr Chocolate - Dark, best money can afford
- 250gr salted Butter, soft
- 240gr Sugar - Castor
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 45ml Instant Coffee Powder
- 45ml Water, boiling
- 250gr Ground Almonds or Almond Flour
- 100gr White Fresh Breadcrumbs (no crust)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Line and grease a 22cm cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, and set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at time (the mixture looks curdled at this stage, but this is normal).
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture.
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Lastly fold in the ground almonds and breadcrumbs.
- Place in the cake tin and bake for an hour or until cooked, remove from tin, place on cooling rack and allow too cool completely before icing.
- 15ml Instant Coffee Powder
- 15ml Water, boiling
- 95gr salted Butter, soft
- 340ml Icing Sugar, sift
- 120ml Cocoa Powder, sift
- 2ml fine Salt
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 150ml Full Cream Milk
- Dissolve the coffee powder in the boiling water, allow to slightly cool
- Add to the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Ice the cake and garnish with fresh flowers.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.