Yields: 1 litres
- 2 tins (410g) Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 45ml Tomato Paste
- 500ml Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 30 ml White Sugar
- 7.5ml Glucose Syrup
- Strain the one tin of baked beans, keep beans aside.
- Place any juices together with the other tin in a saucepan. Add tomato paste, cream and bring to the boil. Season well.
- Cream the egg yolks and sugar together, add glucose.
- Add the warm cream mixture, add the extra tin of whole undamaged beans.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream machine. If an ice-cream machine isn't available place chilled mixture into a freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until frozen to allow for a light, fluffy ice cream. Suggested to serve within a well seasoned potato soup with a robust garlic oil.