Traditional shortbread for all occasions
Wishing you all a very special festive season celebration. I hope you are spending it with family and friends. Enjoy the traditions that make up this time of the year. Think of us in the industry... we all love it and wouldn’t have it any other way.
Makes about 45 small squares
- 80 g white sugar
- 470 g butter
- 900 g cake flour
- 90 g castor sugar
- Cream the sugar and butter very well. Add the sifted flour.
- Knead well and press into a 30 x 36 cm tray, making sure the shortbread mixture covers the base to a 1 cm thickness.
- Dock or prick the shortbread very well all over the top.
- Bake at 160°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the shortbread with castor sugar. While still hot cut into desired shapes.