Introducing Sarah Farrington - Class of 2018
1. What inspired you to enrol at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
My enthusiasm for food. This opportunity popped up when I was looking at adding to my dietetics degree – I grabbed it.
2. What are you hoping to achieve here?
To learn about food and link it to health. To grow as a person and develop my brand. To walk out after 18 months as a confident chef. Patience, consistency and time management.
3. What do you hope to give of yourself?
To put my all into the course and learn as much as I can.
4. What is your long-term goal?
To open a health cafe/art gallery
5. In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
7. If food had a personality, what dish would be most like you – and why?
A three-tiered cake with colourful fondant flowers. It’s complicated yet sweet and happy.
8. Where were you born and raised?
Born in East London and raised in Ugie, Eastern Cape.
9. Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Art – especially water colours and oil painting.
10. What dish do find least inspiring – and why?
Macaroni – it’s boring and bland.